Monday, April 26, 2010

It's spring and exciting things are happening in Missoula this week:

+ The second meeting of the Sunday Hike Club: Basically, the "club" is Jackie and I (and sometimes her fiance John). It was founded last month on our good intentions of exploring new hikes in or around Missoula - you guessed it - every Sunday. We went on a lovely 4 mile hike today (Bass Creek, outside Florence, if anyone is interested), despite some crazy weather (walked into the house to get an umbrella because it was raining...walked out and it was snowing/hailing).

+ Bike/Walk/Bus to Work Week - Lots of free stuff all week! On Saturday there was a free bike clinic at a park, and then two of my housemates and I biked to the Kettlehouse (one of our local breweries) for our free pint glasses (beer not included...but we drank it anyway!) Then biked (no-so-sober, in my case) to Taco Del Sol, our "go-to" place to eat something delicious (although not free). The rest of the week includes lots of free coffee, tea, bagels, pastries, etc every morning at local businesses if you bike, walk, or take the bus there! Yay!

+ The Farmer's Market and People's Craft Market - It starts the first weekend of May. I am beyond excited. I have been waiting approximately 6 months for this! To celebrate, I am just finishing my first-ever knitting project that is entirely completed by me (and not finished by Jackie because I got frustrated): a market bag for all the fresh produce I'll be buying! I'll post some pictures when I'm done :)

+ 18th Annual Garden City Brewfest - the promise of beer in the park and lots of local color. It's things like this that make me love the small-townness of Missoula!

1 comment: